All papers submitted to the Psiworld 2015 International Conference are subjected to double peer-review conducted by designated members of the selection panel of the Conference committee.
Accepted papers will be published by Procedia – SBS by ELSEVIER (www.elsevier.com) and will be indexed ScienceDirect, Scopus, Thomson Reuters Conference Proceedings Citation Index (ISI Web of Science).
Paper abstracts will be published in the Psiworld 2015 Conference volume of abstracts.
Selected papers from the conference will be considered for publication in the supporting journals.
FULL-TEXT PAPER - editing requirements
- Please download the full text paper template from here: SBSPRO_Template_PSIWORLD_2015.docx
- The authors will use this template for submitting their papers while strictly following the guidelines provided here http://www.elsevier.com/journals/procedia-social-and-behavioral-sciences/1877-0428/guide-for-authors
- APA manual excerpt: You can download it from here...
NOTE ON THE PAPER TEMPLATE:
Please use Microsoft WORD 2010 or 2013 for filling your article contents in the provided template. DO NOT use other "compatible" editors or older Microsoft Word versions as you may have serious compatibility issues. Also, please take care in using Microsoft Word 2011 for MAC, as you may also encounter compatibility and font issues.
1 - The paper template is in DOCX format. Use the same file format when saving and submitting your paper.
2 - After your paper has been accepted, before sending the FINAL full text paper to PSIWORLD, don't forget to fill in the Corresponding Author's contact informations, on the bottom of the first page:
3 - Also, please fill in the author(s) name using APA-style rules on the headers of the second and third page - the names will be copied automatically on even and odd pages. You double-click the header, replace "Author name" only with the appropriate names and then close the header and footer.
ABSTRACTS - editing requirements
At PSIWORLD we use two types of abstracts:
a) the EXTENDED ABSTRACT (Maximum 350 words) - You will submit it when you first register your paper for evaluation in EasyChair.
- The extended abstract is needed to be published only in Psiworld Abstracts Volume.
- The extended abstract should include the following subtitles:
Purpose of Study:
- Extended abstract example: Extended abstract example.pdf
b) the SHORT ABSTRACT (Maximum 100 words) - You will insert it in the PROCEDIA SBS PRO PAPER TEMPLATE, when submitting your full-text paper.
- The short abstract will be a part of your full-text paper that will be published by ELSEVIER in Procedia SBS
The revision of your full paper and Elsevier publication
All papers will be double peer-reviewed by reviewers of the conference committee to ensure an adequate standard, that the proposed subject of their abstract has been followed, that the paper is of a suitable length, the standard of Language is adequate and the paper is appropriately referenced.
For authors whose first language is not English we request that you have your work proof read prior to submission by a native English speaker (or at least a fluent English speaker). Papers can be rejected due to a poor standard of English. A decision of the Scientific Committee will be communicating to you in 2-5 days after sending in your paper.
Please note: if your paper will receive a positive answer, but reviewers ask you to make changes, it is your responsibility to apply the requested changes and return the paper to the date indicated by the Conference organising committee.
Papers that are accepted will be published in the conference proceedings providing at least one author register and present the paper at the Conference.
TO THE ATTENTION OF ALL AUTHORS
- • After having your paper accepted to the conference, you should pay the Conference fees.
- • However, in preparing the submission of your full paper, it is your responsibility to respect all the rules regarding the scientific writing, but to respect EXACTLY all the rules regarding the text editing: Author guidelines, Procedia SBS template, APA style for References (you can find all these information on his page).
- • Please be aware that non-compliance with these rules could lead to a negative result (your paper could NOT be published in Procedia SBS) and it is not related to the conference fees payment.
What must the poster contain?
Usually, the poster contains 4 sections which pose the following questions:
• Which is the research subject?
• Why did you choose to approach this subject?
• How do you research this subject (subjects, methods)?
• What level did you reach with your research until now (results, discussions)?
The poster structure and editing:
1) The poster must include a title section
a. the title of the presentation
b. the author’s and co-author’s names
c. the affiliation (institution, department)
2) Space and instruments:
• The presentation panel will have the following dimensions: 120 cm/84 cm (A0): a poster of maximum 120 cm height and 84 cm width is recommended, with a vertical/portrait disposition.
• The poster will be attached to the panel using tape. We recommend that you have with you tape and scissors necessary for the display of the poster.
• If you do not have the means to print the poster on a single A0 sheath, you can have it made of PowerPoint slides. Likewise, all the slides put together must fit into the 120 cm height and 84 cm width space allocated.
The participants interested in your research will read the poster and maybe formulate questions about the presented content. The casual setting of the poster presentation will provide you with the opportunity to discuss more widely about the presented research ideas (and, why not, about new ones). There is no allocated time for the discussion with each participant, but please organise yourself as not to neglect anyone. Be ready to present the poster in 2-3 minutes, in case the participants ask this of you. The prior preparation of this presentation will help you to be concise and provide the main ideas of the research.
Copies for the participants:
You can make copies of the poster (either a complete copy, or a shortened form) print them on A4 paper and hand them out to the participants interested in your research. Include in this copy some contact details (telephone number, e-mail address, postal address, etc.) in case you wish to maintain contact with those interested in your work.